Date October 14, 2018
Do you have window issues in need of quick repair? Is your home drafty and uncomfortable? Windows should last a long time, but unfortunately, they don’t. Just like other home maintenance issues, they compromise your home’s energy costs. One of the best solutions is to repair your faulty windows rather than replacing them. You’ll save money in the long run. There are common window problems that every homeowner should be aware of.
Types of Window Problems and Effective Solutions
Look for the following types of window problems:
- Faulty Windows: Hard to open and close windows are common issues. The existing hardware may need to be replaced or adjusted. If you have hung windows, inspect the sash support system. For casement or awning windows, try replacing the window operator.
- Broken or Moisture on Glass: Condensation on the glass means the insulated seal was damaged and needs to be replaced. Broken glass needs to be replaced too. At Farm and Home Builders, we can repair your window sash and broken glass.
- Window Air Leaks: Drafty windows can allow air to leak through worn down window weatherstrips. Over time, this could increase your energy costs. If you feel air leaks, check the weatherstripping which is located around the perimeter of the window sash.
- Security: Broken window locks and latches could cause safety concerns. Replace any broken parts by matching the old ones.
- Torn Window Screen: Damaged window screens can easily be replaced. If the screen frame is in good condition, it can be reused and fitted with new screen mesh.
If you are having window problems, contact our Kansas City professionals about window replacement. It will reduce outside noise, increase the market value of your home, and make your living space comfortable year round. Contact Farm and Home Builders today for an estimate.